Friday 1 July 2016

Text Tag

Before we begin with the original post, I just wanted to say, praise the Lord for scheduled posts! Life has been crazy hectic this week. My Grandad passed away on Sunday (26th) so we went down to Invercargill for the funeral. Grandad had been very unwell for quite a while(it didn't help that my Grandma -his wife- passed away a few months ago). Those of you who knew, we greatly appreciate all the prayers and love and support you have shown to us. You are amazing.
Blessings to you all. Now on to the scheduled post.
 
Thank you Hannah from Completely For Him for tagging me!

//Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
//Answer the original 6 text-themed questions.
//Add a typography/word related question for those you tagged to answer.
//Tag 6+ bloggers
//Include these rules in your post.

1. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
Probably B. I mean, it is the first letter of my name... and it's the first letter of the word Blessed, which not only makes me think of my blog but also makes me remember how ridiculously blessed I am! :) It's the first letter of Beautiful (which makes it beautiful) and Buns (not cinnamon buns but buns in general are pretty good) and Butterflies and Beaches and Blueberries..... I could go on and on!

2. What are three words that you love?
Cellar/seller - a sing-songy word that sounds nice
People - I love people
Celebrations - Celebrations are amazing! Also it is a nice word.

3. What are three words that you hate?
====I don't hate any words. I just dislike some words.====
Moist - uggggh, just the sound of it!
Lugubrious - umm no thanks :P
Fester - reminds me of untreated wounds and the word itself is just not good

4. If you could create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?
I've created several words over the years. One I created a while ago is 'greepy' - a mixture of creepy and glum and gloomy, I guess. Mostly greepy. It describes dark, morbid, slightly sinister situations.

5. What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
The exclamation mark - something is funny or exciting!
The comma - it means your thought isn't finished yet, it doesn't indicate finality and an ending.
The hashtag - I don't know if that counts as punctuation but can we just agree that #hashtagsareawesome

6. What are your three favorite fonts?







Hannah's bonus question: What is your favorite quote?
Aaaargh, I have way too many favourite quotes. The two I have on my Facebook page under 'favourite quotes' are the following. I like them because they remind me to be positive. I also really like the CS Lewis quote and the AW Tozer quote from my most recent Awkward and Awesome post.

"The glass is half full and the other half was delicious."

“Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?'
'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh after careful thought.

My bonus question: What is your favourite girls name? What is your favourite boys name?

I am tagging the following bloggers who I think might be interested in taking part in this tag. If you're not interested, that's quite cool, too. :) 
Mic from Mic's Room
Clare from Clare's Spot
Paige from Paige's Pages
Ashley from Precious Moments
Kiley from Country Gurl
...and if you like words, text, letters or this tag looks a little bit appealing, I tag you!post signature

6 comments:

  1. I like your favourite fonts! they are nice, I was looking for a quick blog post to do so I have done it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clare! I love fonts. They are heaps of fun.
      I love your answers to the questions! Thanks for doing the tag. :)

      Delete
  2. I love those fonts! Your bonus question is great as well. I love thinking of my favorite girls and boys names.

    I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Your family is in my prayers. <3

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sevenbloggersandtheirdolls.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allie! :) So do I. I'm quite particular about names. I have a list of my favourites.

      You're so sweet. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm feeling for you with the loss of your grandparents. It's hard... but keep holding on to God, girl! He'll see you through.

    And, I like that word you invented - I think I shall add it to my vocabulary. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sympathy, Jessica. Indeed he will. God has been very near to us these past few months.

      Thanks! What a compliment! :D

      Delete

Join the conversation!