- Being early for a violin lesson so you decide to go for a walk along some unfamiliar streets. As you walk along a car slows behind you and you are startled by the driver of the car calling to you, "Excuse me!! Do you know where **** Street is?" You are slightly startled and also a bit disappointed because you're a helpful person but you can't help because you don't know the area and have only been walking for like five minutes. So you tell her you can't help and she drives off. A little later you turn around and walk back the way you came... to come across the very street that the lady had been looking for. Of course she's long gone, and you discover the reason neither of you had seen it was because a large tree had been blocking the sign so it was impossible to see from the other direction.
- Missing one step at the top and falling down the rest of the entire flight of stairs.
- Arriving at the library expecting to spend a period of time there working on a project before I was due at work... to discover they were busy closing the library (turns out I neglected to check what time they close on a Saturday) and so I sat outside on a random bench in the wind doing my project with the wind trying to sneakily blow away all my papers until it was eventually time for me to start work.
- Your mind being completely filled with other things and stopping you from hearing what people are saying. Frustrating. To say the least.
- Starting conversations then not being able to finish them for various reasons.
- Discovering that you follow a massive amount of blogs and deciding to trim down your blog reading list to a more manageable 42 blogs (many of which don't post very often, but still...)
- Grabbing the hot part of a curling iron in an extremely magnificent display of stupidity. Like seriously, Bonnie, how many times have you burnt your poor fingers with that thing?!
- The classic movie "Around the World in 80 Days"- so funny. We recently re-watched it as a family.
- Writing a poem and having it all come together nicely.
- This random little mathematical gymnastic operation:
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- Having a major spring clean and go-through of all your stuff. Ends up with siblings getting lots of things you don't need/want anymore! Feels soooo good to have things a bit more orderly. It was getting ridiculous. However, let's be real here:
Can anyone relate? :P- Searching the bookshelves for a particular book and discovering in doing so another book you'd been wanting to read... even going to the extent of looking it up on the Internet longingly... but thought you'd never get to read it! Turns out that even after packing all our books and unpacking them again you don't actually even know the full extent of our book library. (It's 'Mountains of Spices by Hannah Hurnand, in case you were wondering!)
- Great quotes. I love this A.W Tozer quote:
Christianity takes for granted the absence of any self-help and offers a power which is nothing less than the power of God.and this C.S Lewis one:
I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.- Those late night conversations with your sister when you share a room with her. Literally every night is a sleepover!
- Coming across interesting little peculiarities in the Bible that you have to research. Things like in Habakkuk 3:19, discovering in the ESV version it says "God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places" whereas you'd only known it in the NIV - "The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights." And the difference between the 'my heights' and 'the heights' just strikes you. And you wonder about the meaning of those differences for ages. Different translations are so interesting.
Do you share a bedroom?
Which translation of the Bible do you read/is your favourite? Why?
Do you have a favourite quote you'd like to share?