Before I begin with the niggy-gritty of this post, I'm going to say randomly that I can smell lemon-meringue pie cooking. My sisters are awesome cooks. It smells reeeaaaly good! I'm going to do a Sayna trick and say "Don't you wish you could have some?" But I won't be mean and post pictures of our empty plates. Maybe.
By the time you read this, I will be on camp (hopefully)! I'm leaving the day you read this and I will be away for a week or so. But don't worry. The first thing I have learnt this past year is how to schedule a post.
So I'm going to schedule posts for when I am away. And do not fear, blog readers. I shall return.
While I'm gone, don't be afraid to....
But enough of that. This post is about 5 things I have learnt this past year that have been really helpful to me. And I'm also going to put down 5 things I want to learn this year.
I've already told you the first thing I learnt. That was scheduling posts, remember?
2. The Remove Formatting button. Seriously, this button has saved my life. It's brilliant! If you don't know how to use it, no kidding, learn.
3. How to post pictures. This may seem like a no-brainer, but when I first started blogging I really did not know my way around at all! It actually took me a while before I figured it out. Awful, I know, but there's the truth.
4. Never take readers for granted. One post I may have 10 comments and a host of views, and the next post there is like, 12 views and not a single comment. A lot of my posts are like that. Up one day, down another! It was surprising to me when I first began blogging, but then I realised that there are certain types of posts people like reading and if I don't post something that people like reading, they will not read it and won't comment. I'm sorry if that seems obvious, but that was one thing that really surprised me!
5. How to make links show up in a new tab, rather than in the same tab. I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain it any better than this! I was trying to find out, then I found a website that told me. I'm so happy I learnt how. I love it like this. If you want to find out for your blog, go here.
Now onto the 5 goals for 2014.
1. I want to learn how to make a button with a grab box underneath for my sidebar. This is something I have tried lots and struggled with! I hope I can do it this year.
2. I want to have at least 5 guest posters this year. Last year I think I had a grand total of 2. (And if you are reading this and you think you would like to, please contact me right now!!!)
3. I want to learn how to get a Google+ Followers list because currently it says it is private and I can't make it work! Danella is having this problem too.
4. I want to schedule a whole lot more posts. Why should you be without reading material when I am away, when I have a perfectly good way of still giving it to you?
5. I want to permanently post practically perfectly awesome posts periodically. Easier said than done.
What have you learnt in 2013? What do you hope to learn in 2014?
Adieu for a week or so!