Wednesday 12 August 2015

Yay for Yellow!

I was just browsing through a blog post of blog post ideas when one of the ideas caught my attention. A colour themed post. I stopped scrolling and thought about that for a while. Yup, that sounds like fun. So here's my first colour themed post. Of course, I had to do the first colour themed post themed around yellow, seeing as that's my favourite colour!! :)

The first thing I did when I decided to do a colour themed post was to go hunting around my house for random yellow things to photograph. I was surprised by how few bright yellow things I could find, actually! I love bright yellow things. (In case you didn't know that already.)

So yeah, without further ado, I proudly present to you:

Some of the yellowness in our household



Our lovely yellow walls! Our house is painted yellow. It's so sunshiny and cheerful.


A bright yellow spade in the sandpit.


This is Rudolph. He's a ride-on toy that we've had in the family ever since Abbie was young. He used to have more hair, and different wheels, but over the years he's had a lot of use.


Some yellow soap by the handbasin


Yellow roses on my mirror!


One of my little yellow flower stud earrings. I just love them. They're so tiny and bright and cheerful.


Now I've shown you our lovely yellow walls and Rudolph the Ride-on, it's time to do something else yellow themed.



So I decided to find some quotes on 'yellow'. I uncovered some pretty random quotes. Here's my:

'Yellow' quotes


"How wonderful yellow is. It stands for the sun." 
-Vincent Van Gogh
Couldn't have said it better myself.


I have these new policies toward my life, like 'I will not accelerate when I see the yellow light.'
-Elizabeth Gilbert

Being a learner driver, this is actually a pretty good policy to have.

The sound of colors is so definite that it would be hard to find anyone who would express bright yellow with bass notes, or dark lake with the treble.
-Wassily Kadinsky
 

Aside from the fact that the guy's name is pretty cool, I thought what he had to say was fascinating. Because colours have sounds? I hadn't thought about it before, but when I thought about it, it made sense.

I really just want to be warm yellow light that pours over everyone I love.
-Conor Oberst
I thought this was sweet. :)



After I discovered those quotes, I decided to hop onto Pinterest and just search for 'yellow'. Ready for some serious floral yellowness and cute ducklings? Well, ready or not, here they come!

Yellow on Pinterest


Can you all just agree with me that yellow flowers are amazing? They're so cheerful and sunshiny and well, just, yeah. 


Annnnnnnd these ducklings. Guys, I've officially just melted. Excuse me while I go and un-melt myself, okay?


Daffodils!! I tell you what, daffodils have to be my favourite yellow flower. They even come pretty close to being my very favourite flower overall. I can't wait for spring. I was biking to work the other day and discovered some daffodils flowering in someone's driveway. It's still only early August so we really can't expect many daffodils for a while yet, but oh-I-can't-wait-for-more-daffodils!!! Yay for spring! Daffodils and blossoms! Wahoo!!



I think the thing about the colour yellow that draws me to it is that it speaks of cheerfulness. Smiley faces are usually coloured yellow. It's a light, bright and happy colour. It's a cheerful colour. Speaking of cheerfulness and joy, what better way to talk about cheerfulness and joy than to insert some applicable Scripture references?


Yellow in Scripture
(well actually cheerfulness, because there aren't too many Bible verses mentioning 'yellow'! I did find one actually, Leviticus 13:30. Look it up if you like.)

Proverbs 15:13
A joyful heart makes a cheerful face....
Psalm 118:24
This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Philippians 4:4
 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.

Nehemiah 8:10
 …for the joy of the Lord is your strength.




May your heart be joyful and your eyes see lots of yellow as you go about the rest of your day.
Yay for yellow!
post signature
PS. Just thought I'd let you know: Life's been crazy recently, so posting won't be as regular as it has been. I'd have liked to keep posting every second day as I had been doing, but I'm afraid this won't be necessarily possible! I'll try to post every third or fourth day or as often as I can.
Thank you for your support! A big hug to all my readers. :)

7 comments:

  1. Actually, I'm really not surprised that your favourite colour is yellow.

    The yellow things around me include:
    - a piece of yellow sandpaper that I found in a box under my desk
    - two yellow Duplo bricks that I haven't put away yet
    - a yellow folder of my future
    - five books with yellow spines
    - a pair of pliers with yellow handles
    - yellow clips on the container I keep my Lego minifigures in
    - yellow straws on a skeleton cube I made from straws and pipe cleaners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not surprised my favourite colour is yellow? Why not?

      "a folder of my future" - this sounds terribly exciting. What does one put in a folder of one's future? Yellow is a good choice for it, though. :) :P

      Thanks for commenting Matthew!

      Delete
    2. Yellow is a happy, bouncy colour—a light, bright and happy colour, as you said. It just seems to fit your personality.

      The folder of my future includes potential courses I could take, the field of work I'm interested in, etcetera.

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised that your favourite colour is yellow. I thought it was purple. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. Purple? What made you think it was that? My blog design? Hmmm... well my blog is purple because I do like lilac purple. (But then, I like most colours.) I was actually thinking recently, my blog design should reflect my favourite colour. It should be yellow. But yellow is so bright it might be a bit distracting to the eye to have a massively bright yellow border round my blog! Yellow words and stuff would be hard to read. So it's purple. For now anyway. :)

      Delete
    2. Well, your blog, yes, for one. But as far as I remember, I've seen you wearing purple a lot more than I have seen you wearing yellow.

      Delete
    3. Haha, well, fair enough. That's only due to the fact that I own no yellow clothes whatsoever. Have you noticed how hard it is to find yellow clothes?? Anyway, I don't dislike purple at all. I like it. Hence why I wear it. I just happen to like yellow more.

      Delete

Join the conversation!