Monday 5 January 2015

A Bit Of An Update - with photos :)

So it must be just about time I updated you what's been going on in our family over the past wee while. To make it a bit more interesting I've stuck some various recent-ish photos in as well.

(Oh and before I forget to mention it, I really really really need some entries into my competition! How hard is it to write a short poem?!? C'mon.. please enter! You only have five more days left before it closes!! Go HERE to read more info or to enter!)

-------------------------------------------------
So some of you may or may not know that my Dad has been made redundant and has work until the 31st of January. He hasn't yet found another job, so we would really really appreciate prayer that we would know what to do! At the moment we're looking at a bunch of different options but it's really hard to know what God wants. So if you could pray that God's will would become clear, that would be amazing. Thank you in advance.

These two photos (above and below) were taken when the whole family plus two of Abbie's horses went to this random river one evening. 

For those of you who always like to ask how our Christmas was, it was great thank you. We went to a Christmas Eve service at church the evening before and had fun opening presents in the morning. We had a friend from church around for Christmas lunch, and our cousins for dessert after tea. It was a lovely day and great fun celebrating Jesus' birth.

Lydia 

This was too cute not to post.... :)

For New Year's, we always go to bed early and get up again at about five to midnight to welcome in the new year. That way we don't miss out too much sleep but still get to farewell the old year and welcome the new! Last new year's (2013-2014) the boys and Sophie went swimming in our pool at midnight. They wanted to do that this year too but some of us were sick so they didn't. However, we still had a lot of fun making memories together.

Sophie, Lydia, Danella and Ben in the pool


Jana is 11 months old now! It's hard to believe, since it seems like yesterday we were thrilled to welcome her into the world. She is crawling around now and enjoying getting into anything she can find. She's an adorably cute wee girl and an absolute joy to the family.

Daddy and Jana

I haven't ever done a new years resolution before but this year I did do one so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I'm also trying out something else (sort of similar to a resolution-ish) so that will be interesting and fun, too!
I was very happy to finish my fourth diary on the day before New Year's Eve. I started my fifth diary on the 1st of January 2015. That was timed well, wasn't it!! :) If you don't keep a diary, I strongly recommend you do. Having a diary is one thing that I don't think I'll ever regret. It's fascinating looking back on old diaries and seeing how much I've changed since then! And also how much I haven't changed... but that's another story.

Danella and I being awesome in a christmassy photo Abbie took


One thing I've been dwelling on a lot recently is our God's faithfulness. He is ever present and ever loving. His mercies are new every morning and his faithfulness is great! He is a wonderful friend.

Jacob, Caleb, Ben, Johnny, me, Lydia


Well that's all the photos I can find that are suitable to post. And that's all the updates that I can possibly think of. So here's me finishing this post with a quick reminder to remember to enter my competition....

Blessings,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!