Saturday 26 October 2013

In Which I Ponder My Usefulness As A Blogger And Ask For Your Assistance

If you are like me, you sometimes find yourself staring at a blank screen thinking "I want to post something.... but at the moment I just CAN'T think of ANYTHING at all!!!!" If you are like me? I don't schedule posts. Silly me. :P The problem I find with scheduled posts is that when I am in the mood to schedule posts, I can never think of anything to post about. Sure, I occasionally think of something, like onions or a whole string of posts about family members. But I normally find myself stuck for ideas.

There are several things you may be thinking. Some of you may just be asking why I try to post so often. I honestly do not know. I guess it stems from my frustration from other people's blogs! I honestly dislike blogs where people post very seldom. Not that I have anything personal against your blog, dear reader, if you happen to be one of those hardly-ever-post bloggers. It's just that I personally like blogs that continually offer me fresh posts. :) That's my personal preference.... I may have stepped on someone's toes!! Sorry if I've just offended you!!

Some of you may be wondering why I have even have a blog at all. I know some very fine people who do not happen to blog. Well... it just comes down to personal preference again. I just happen to like having a blog. I guess that is all there is to it.

And the last camp of you are probably wondering what all the fuss is all about. Sure, I can just post a few photos, right? Or a poem? Short story? Pearl of wisdom? No sweat! Er... yes... um... quite.

I personally like my posts to be momentous. (I know - you would never have guessed, right???!!!) I like them to be fresh. To come with some zing. (Like my onion post... pardon the pun.) I would like to post not just random things... but useful things. At least, I try to. Usually I fail. Miserably. *droops head as tears run swiftly down cheeks* 

I am sorry if my blog appears entirely frivolous to you. My personality is such that I may appear somewhat frivolous to those who don't know me very well. (And sometimes even to people who know me well!) 

But what am I trying to get at here? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. 

You see, I don't really see the point of continuing blogging like every Tom, Dick and Harry if my blog doesn't really matter. DOES it matter? Seriously? Will it matter, in twenty years time, if I ever blogged at all?

The answer to that question is, probably not at all.

So. Here is my proposal. I have a form embedded most helpfully below for your convenience.  All I am asking you to do is this. I would like you to fill it out. Anything you write on it will be strictly anonymous unless you choose to divulge your credentials. What I want is your HONEST opinion of what you think I should do. If you aren't going to be honest, I will consider your answer irrelevant. If you are prepared to state what you actually think (remember - it's anonymous) I admire you tremendously and thank you for helping me out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!