Sunday 1 September 2013

Through sun, hail, snow and rain....

Guess what?????


It's Father's Day!!


Happy Father's Day to any Dad's out there. :-)

Happy Father's Day to my Dad in particular!

For those of you who didn't know, as part of the Father's Day service at our Church my Dad did a 15 minute talk. He was so wonderful! He talked about the dream and goals of fatherhood and what it means to him. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father.

Fatherhood isn't an easy job
It's tough, and at times hard.
But today I thought I'd write you a poem
As well as the normal card.

Dad, I want to say I love you
You mean so much to me.
Thank you for everything you do
I know it's hard, you see!

You handle the challenges really well
And love God with all your heart.
I'm sure that's what makes the difference
And makes you stand apart.

You stand apart from all the rest
Of course, there's no bias in what I say...(!)
But whatever you take from this poem, Dad
Just know I want you to have a happy Father's day.

For a Father should be wonderful
And I can say for sure
That you are the best (above all the rest)
Shall I tell you more?

I will. I love you, Dad!
I just wanted to tell you that.
Whatever you do and whatever you say
On your back you deserve a pat!!!

So as this poem draws to a close
These words shall forever remain
Daddy, I love you and want you to know
I'll love you in sun, hail, snow or rain.

Happy father's Day!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!