Sunday 9 February 2014

Thanks for Praying // Fullness of Joy

Some of you may have been aware of the fact that my father recently (Thursday afternoon) had what we thought was a stroke and was rushed to hospital in an ambulance. The doctors say now that they don't think it was a stroke after all but they still want him to have an MRI scan. So that will be happening sometime in the next few days. He is home now, having come home from the hospital on Saturday just after lunch. He feels perfectly fine and looks perfectly fine now, so we are praising the Lord for that!

I know that a lot of you were praying for him over the last few days. A massive hug and thank you to you! We really appreciate your prayers. :)

Grandma and Grandad are here at the moment. They came down to help with Jana but they have been such a help with Daddy in hospital as well! Grandad and Mum are the drivers now because Dad's not allowed to drive until at least after his MRI.

*completely changes topic*

I was wondering what people's favourite Bible verses are. I thought I would share mine (and the reason it's my favourite) and then we can have a bit of a conversation in the comments about our favourite Bible verses. I know there are so many lovely ones to choose from, but do you have one that you kind of keep referring back to and love to read just because?

Here's mine (just to start us off). It's Psalm 16:11.

"You will show me the path that leads to life, in your presence is fullness of joy."

I've always thought that it's difficult to be completely filled with joy until we get to Heaven. I know that in Heaven is complete and whole joy (there will be no tears or sadness there etc) but can we ever have complete joy on earth? We can be happy and can rejoice in the Lord and be joyful, but I don't think we can actually be completely happy and completely joy-filled until we come into the Lord's presence. Do you see the difference between joy-filled and joyful?

So yeah, basically I love it so much because my middle name is Joy. It seems to me that the verse is saying (to me personally, anyway) that in His presence is Fullness of Joy. Where I am made complete. Because my name is Joy, do you see? So on earth I can never be complete because we can't have fullness of joy, but in Heaven we can. :) I'm not sure if that makes sense or not to you, but it makes sense to me when I am writing this!!

So, what is your favourite verse/passage of Scripture?



11 comments:

  1. Wow Bonnie, that verse is so cool. And I totally get what you mean!

    My top fav Bible verse is probably Jeremiah 29 v11 where it says For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope. I also really like Proverbs 3 v5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that verse, too, Janice. It's probably my second favourite, lol!

      Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  2. My favourite verse is probably Philippians 4:13

    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

    That means that it's not impossible for me to get into the NBA. :-P

    Like this Bible verse idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse my absolute ignorance, but what is the NBA?

      And that's a cool verse. Thanks for sharing. :) (Are you storing up all the good blog ideas you can find so you can use them when you start yours?)

      Delete
    2. NBA= National Basketball Association

      The top mens league in the world over in the USA.

      As for storing up ideas, maybe. ;) It's probably going to be a good way to get lots of comments. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, thank you for clarifying that. You do realise you'd have to go live in America, though?

      Delete
    4. Yeah, that would be one of the not-so-good things about making it to the NBA. Having to probably leave most family and friends behind.

      Delete
  3. Psalm 27:1
    The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely one... thank you for sharing, Sophia.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow Bonnie, praise the Lord your dad is doing okay now. I will pray for him. I have a lot of favorite verses, many about "do not worry" and "do not be anxious". Two of my life verses are Jeremiah 29:11, and Psalm 37:4. For today it was this verse: Philippians 4:6-7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all wonderful verses, Rebekah! Thank you for sharing them with us. I love Jeremiah 29:11 a lot as well!

      Delete

Join the conversation!