Wednesday 3 September 2014

A + A // Daffodils, Pegging and Frozen Yoghurt

Awkward:

- That awkward silence on the telephone when nobody knows what to say...
- Hearing Mum say "I've found the right house for us!" and wondering how many times you've heard her say that. Probably over a hundred. None of those 'right houses' have been the right house yet, lol!
- Losing the back of one of my stud earrings and despairing of ever finding it.
- Awkward silences in general.
- Hearing a sibling say "I put a nice tasty worm in the bird feeder for the birds to find" and wondering how she knew it was tasty. Did she try it?
- Going down a 'shortcut' that actually turned out to be a dead-end. So much for that. It was pretty funny though.
- Trying to keep from being pegged.
- "How are you?" "Good thanks, how are you?" "Good." Now what???
- Helping Lydia with her ballet when the floor of the lounge was so cluttered with toys and stuff that every time you moved you had to kind of jump over piles of stuff or stand on top of it.
- Forgetting the right words to say... "It's a three letter word, I think there's a G in it and it's something they put in food that is bad for you." (Turned out to be MSG.)
- At work when there's a massive queue of customers lined up to get the sandwiches you're making. Someone finally gets to the top of the line and they've been waiting for ages to get there... but they mutter something under their breath and race out the door before you get a chance to greet them. "Did I do something wrong??"
- Wishing you knew something and trying a million different ways of phrasing the question to find it out.. but no, there's no polite or non-inquisitive way to ask it without appearing extremely rude and inquisitive. :(



Awesome:

- Daffodils poking their beautiful yellow heads out of the earth.
- Finding the back of one of my stud earrings that I had despaired of ever finding!
- Blossoms in bloom
- Being invited to go out and eat frozen yoghurt with some friends - frozen yoghurt is really good!! Just sayin'.
- Really looking forward to something awesome
- Spring! Biking along and noticing the fragrance in the air... I love how you can smell spring.
- Laughing uncontrollably with someone when something funny happens. :)
- Taking Jana out to look at the bird avairy and showing her the budgies. Her eyes are so big as she darts them around trying to follow the birds who are flying all over the place.
- Siblings who say (and do) funny things.
- Smoothies
- Getting (finally) our family's audio dramatized version of the Bible that we can put on our ipods and listen to on long trips. I've been looking forward to it for ages, and it's actually really cool.
- American accents. I love listening to them.
- Hot waffles with golden syrup... mmmm...
- Finding out your best friend is going to be at an event that you were booked in for and looking forward to it twice as much as you were before you knew she would be there. :)
- Finishing a project. Or half of it, anyway.


What's been awkward or awesome about your week?
post signature

10 comments:

  1. Lol, you love American accents?? I've never heard anyone say that before!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well, I speak 'Kiwi' (could be because I come from New Zealand ;) ) and I love American accents... they just sound awesome.

      Delete
  2. I too found it funny that you like listening to American accents! I know people usually like listening to Irish, Australian and English accents, but not necessarily American. I could say that put a smile on my face. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Americans have lovely voices! Of course I like listening to you guys. :)

      Delete
  3. That was fun to read :)
    Awesome: hearing Michael Endres play yesterday. Awkward: turning up to find all the tickets were sold! Fortunately some other people didn't show up.

    - Losing the back of one of my stud earrings and despairing of ever finding it.
    Don't they all work the same way?
    - "How are you?" "Good thanks, how are you?" "Good." Now what???
    Then you say "What made your day/week good?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two kinds of earrings backs, butterfly backs and another one that I am not sure the name of. I have two pairs of butterfly backed earrings and I lost the back of one of my gold pair. My other pair of butterfly backed earrings is silver, so I had to use one of those backs. I don't have many earrings yet because I only got my ears pierced semi-recently. Fortunately I managed to find the missing back a few days ago. :)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. "How are you?" "Good thanks, how are you?" "Good." Now what???

    Oh Bonnie! I can't tell you how many times I struggle with this absolutely awful "conversation starter"... It's AWFUL!!! Once you reach this point,it's time to talk about the weather. I completely identify with you, completely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good next thing to say is 'What have you been doing lately?' The other person says a few things, then expand on that. Show intrest.

      Delete
    2. It helps if the person you are talking to is a good conversationalist, too. :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, True.

      Delete

Join the conversation!