Friday 21 March 2014

The Rope Braid

For all you girls out there reading this, I wrote a hair tutorial. This hairstyle is one which I love doing because it looks so cool! You may or may not have heard of/seen it before: the Rope Braid. I love it because it looks a bit cooler than an ordinary plait, yet it is still easy and do-able.

For this tutorial, I took Sophie as my model. Thank you, Sophie!


1. Brush hair well. 


2. Divide into two equal(ish) parts.


3. Now comes the fun/tricky part. Cross the left section over the right section (or vice versa, like I did).


4. And start twisting. I twist the hair from the left to the right.



5. Keep crossing each section over and twisting each section as you do so.


6. It should start to look like a rope. See the twistiness?



7. Don't give up! You're nearly there!


8. When you think it is as long as you want it, fix it in place with a hair tie. When I first did it, I thought it would all un-twist itself when I tied it with the hair tie. But it didn't!

Oh, and by the way. You're done. :)

Optional (a.k.a Extra for Experts)


For a very glamorous-looking bun, twist the rope braid up and pin it. In my humble opinion, this looks way more awesome than a normal bun.


Oh - and Sophie, you're an awesome model!


Let me know what you think in the comments. :)


4 comments:

  1. I can never do these things… :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do it on your younger sisters if it was really that important to you......
      This post was more for my female readers, anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Matthew S. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do it on your younger sisters if it was really that important to you......
      This post was more for my female readers, anyway. :)

      Delete

Join the conversation!