Saturday 26 January 2013

I love Saturdays! :-)

I love Saturdays. What about you?
Recently I asked several of the people in my family why they like Saturdays. Here are several answers I got:

"Ummm... Don't know. I just do."

"Shush. I'm trying to read a book in peace / practice the piano / cook lunch / weed the garden / exercise my horses / type on the computer... and you're not helping, so please go away!"

That didn't help.

So then I thought, well, why do I like Saturdays? I like them because you can wear jeans and just go at your own pace, Daddy is home not at work so the whole family is together, there's not usually any pressing things that need to be done so you can just 'relax' (if that is possible in a hectic household), play with the younger children and enjoy being together.

I know this sounds funny, but I also like Saturday lunchtimes! Because Dad is not at work, we often have soup, mousetraps, potato or zucchini fritters or homemade pizza or something like that. Usually during the week we just have either sandwiches or corn-on-the-cob!

Which there is nothing wrong with, but Saturday lunches are usually special. :-)

What makes your Saturday special or not-so-special? Come to think of it, is Saturday even your favourite day of the week? Tell us why or why not! Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. *Ahem*
    It is obvious that Abbie answered the second question!

    Saturdays are normally extremely BUSY for us! Stuff like woodwork, haymaking, goat showing, visitors, events, cleaning.... etc. That all happens on Saturdays. :D

    I guess I like Saturdays purely because we get a break from schoolwork, and do what we can't do on other days of the week.

    S

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!