Wednesday 10 May 2017

The Hardest Post I've Ever Had to Write

Dear friend.

This is, like the title of the post seems to suggest, the hardest post I've ever had to write.  Why?  Because ending things is hard.  Bringing closure to my 'brain child', the little piece of me that sits on the Internet, is difficult.  I don't want to do it.

So then, why am I doing it?  Why am I writing this post to tell you that Bonnie's Blessings is being discontinued?

Because I feel that it is time for that to happen.




I even filmed a little video for you which shows how committed I am to this post...watch the video above.

When I began Bonnie's Blessings in January of 2013 I had no idea how long I would keep it going.  I have ended up continuing it for four years and I'm amazed at how the Lord has walked along this journey of blogging with me. 

I'm incredibly appreciative to all my amazing loyal readers and commenters.  Each one of you is special to me.

But it's time to end this particular blogging journey.

I wish I could say that my reason for ending it is that I'm too busy currently.  Yes I am super busy, but I have continued to blog for the past few weeks since I've been working full time reasonably successfully despite my busyness.  The fact is, I could continue it if I wanted to.

I'm turning 19 in a couple of weeks. I don't feel like this blog was just a 'stage of my younger life', but I do feel like in some ways I am moving on. Different stage of life now, different goals and priorities, all that sort of stuff.

I don't think that my lack of inspiration to write is just a writer's block.  I honestly think that, like all good things, this blog must come to an end sometime. 

I am not going to permanently delete this blog off the internet, at this stage.  I'd like to leave it up... then in the future if I ever feel sufficiently inspired I can just resume it.  I don't think the likelihood of that happening immediately is very high however, so don't get too excited!

I love to write, and this blog has been an incredible way for me to do that.  I've loved connecting with people through this forum and the blogs of many others.  I don't think my inspiration will ever be dry - perhaps I'll find some other way of indulging my urge to write.... ;)

Anyway. I just wanted to post to say that I'm so incredibly grateful to everyone who has come on the journey with me.  Whether you are a new reader or you've been here since the start (almost 700 posts ago!!), I would like to extend a heartfelt Thank You to you.  You are amazing.  You have inspired me and kept me committed.

Keep doing what you're doing.  I'm definitely going to stay connected in the blogger community (you can't get rid of me that easily!).

Praying the Lord's richest blessings on you all.  Have a nice life, won't you.









Bonnie's Blessings stats as of 10th May 2017
Pageviews - 169,881
Followers - 54
Posts - 696
Comments - 3024

33 comments:

  1. *gasps* wow but I totally admire you for knowing when this season and change needs to happen. I really hope I never feel this.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you're very sweet, Julia. I hope you never feel this too cos I adore your blog.

      Delete
  2. aww, I'll miss you're blog so much!! You always had such realistic posts and i loved every one of them!! But i understand! Loved the video!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww I'll miss your lovely comments! Glad you liked the video. Stay awesome, Paige!

      Delete
  3. Aww we'll miss you, Bonnie! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww I think I will miss blogging too! But I know I've done the right thing. <3

      Delete
  4. This is so sad! I think you did a great last post, though! And it's a nice idea leaving your blog on the internet, so people can still read your old posts. And maybe if you have children one day you can pull it up and show them :)
    Have a nice life! (;
    Laura
    flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, Laura. Thanks for your comment!
      The point about pulling it up for my children one day was a really cool idea! Might have to do that :P

      Delete
  5. The blogger gang will miss you <333 keep up the good walk ;)
    -Michaila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I'm not deserting you all! I'm stickin' around and reading your blogs and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Aww Bonnie I'll miss reading your sweet, thought-provoking and interesting posts! So much love and blessings sister xx <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww well someone's a box of fluffy ducks... <3 So much love sista right back at you!

      Delete
  7. Nooo!! I've been blessed by your blog, Bonnie. But I understand. I hope signing off here gives you more time to do the things you feel called to do. Glad you'll still be around the blogosphere though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jessica I'm so thrilled to hear you've been blessed by my little blog. Makes it all worthwhile!
      Thank you for commenting, you mean a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  8. Very sad to read this Bonnie :'( I have loved reading your posts for the last 3-4 or so years, you have such an incredible heart and I love your perspective on life. You have no idea how many times you have written just exactly what I needed to hear, or given me a little nugget to think about, or just inspired and encouraged me :) Thankyou for all the time and effort that you've put into it, I'm sure it has blessed many others as much as it has blessed me - it has literally been Bonnie's Blessings :) I'm so proud of where you're heading in your life, with this new job and your incredible dedication to God and the plan that he has for your life. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you :)
    Lots of love,
    Jennifer <3
    PS I still want to read your Mum's annual Chrismas newsletter - they are always very entertaining ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I have to say that I was incredibly moved by your comment. To know that you have been encouraged and inspired by my blog is so amazing. Thank you for being such a special friend... such an encouragement to me... honestly it's because there are people out there like you that I wrote my blog. THANK YOU for your incredibly kind comment. Lots of love to you, friend. Definitely will send you the newsletter anyway!

      Delete
  9. Dear Bonnie, I read this article and took a day to process before writing. What a special young woman you are. Your articles (and internet friendship) have meant a lot to me personally, and to many others. First off, I am glad you are ending a chapter you feel needs to close, at least for now or in this form. Secondly, I have been praying for you, most notably last night. ;) May God continue to lead you in truth and may you continue to be a blessing to so many people, from your home-town to across the globe. You are a treasure! In Him, Lexi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lexi.... I can't tell you how blessed I am by your comment. You are so kind and understanding! I have so appreciated your friendship over our blog posts and comments over the time we've been bloggy friends. Thank you for being there. I so appreciate you praying for me also.
      May the Lord bless you abundantly, dear friend.

      Delete
  10. BONNIE!! Oh my, your lovely posts will be so missed! I know God has amazing things planned for you, though. <3 Your blog has encouraged me (and I know others!) so much, and your love for the Lord really shines through your writing. You have an amazing journey ahead of you. Much much love and thanks for all you have done through the years!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEGAN!!!! Awwwwww ((hugs)) Thank you for letting me know how much my blog has encouraged you! I'm thrilled you were blessed by anything I wrote. You girl are incredible and I'm so thankful I met you on our blogging journeys! Definitely staying in touch. <3 Stay awesome. God bless.

      Delete
  11. Bonnie, I know that I haven't been on here faithfully, but this post saddened me. You're a wonderful, encouraging, young woman, and I have enjoyed every interaction we've had together. I'm excited for the changes God is bringing into your life, and I pray that you open your arms to His will as He takes you on new adventures. Farewell, Bonnie's Blessings. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Hosanna. I am touched by your kind words and really appreciate you popping in to share them! I've enjoyed every interaction we've had also. May the Lord bless you, sweet Hosanna.

      Delete
  12. I'm sad to hear that you're leaving, Bonnie! But I also wanted you to know that your posts have always been very encouraging and uplifting to me, even though I haven't been around for that long (and haven't really commented all that much). I'm sure that God has some great blessings in store for you as you continue on life's journey. Blessings! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Emily, thank you for sharing that my posts have encouraged and been uplifting to you! I'm so thrilled that you've been blessed by my blog. Blessings to you too, girl! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  13. Fare you well, I have enjoyed your posts and getting to know you and your family, I will miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you, Clare. I have so appreciated your friendship over our blogs. I'll miss being around. xx

      Delete
  14. Oh Bonnie...I am going to miss your presence in the land of blogging... But, dear friend...I know just what you mean about moving on into a new season of life - one of the reasons I started a new blog was because I felt I had grown out of Beautiful Girlhood... Enjoy this wonderful journey, Bonnie... Thank you for all you have shared on Bonnie's Blessings - I am so very glad I had the chance to get to know you here! Ooh and I am greatly looking forward to your letter... I pray all is well with your family!
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly-Anne, thank you for your kind words! Don't worry I'll still be around in the blogging land, just not posting on here. Thank you for being understanding. You are an inspiration to me, Kelly-Anne.
      Much love ♥

      Delete
  15. so sorry you are stopping Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pleas start your blog up again some time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!