Tuesday 21 March 2017

What I've Been Listening to // EXCITING NEWS!!

Music is amazing. I love it so much. And since I know you all absolutely adore my inspirational music choices (I'm just kidding, okay? :P) I just HAD to share my current favourites with you. :)

And, as a special reward for listening to all the songs, I'm going to share some exciting news at the end of the post.

Ready?

Well it actually doesn't matter if you are ready or not because here comes the music....


This first one is one I heard first on the radio... and boy, it is now my jam! I just LOVE it... the start is awesome because the music is catchy and I love the beat... and the rest of the song is incredible because the words are just so great. I especially enjoy the lyrics in the bridge and in the second verse. But anyway. You'll want to hear it yourself, so here you go!
This is.... 'Higher' by Unspoken.



Now we have a song that has a bunch of memories attached to it. One of the first musical artists I really listened to was Don Moen. This song, 'Hallelujah to the Lamb', was my favourite of his for ever so long! Listening to it makes me feel like I'm in heaven listening to the angels sing worship to the Lamb... it really is pretty awesome.



Our third piece of music is a bit different. It's 'Red River Valley' sung by Lynn Anderson. I really do quite enjoy country music and this piece is probably my favourite specimen of that genre. If you hate country music, you might not enjoy it so much... but listen to it with an open mind and a foot ready to tap! ;)



Our final song is, once again, quite a huge change in genre! I had never really heard much Messianic music until I went to America and my lovely friend Hannah introduced it to me. Especially this one singer, Joshua Aaron. He's awesome because he sings worship songs in both Hebrew and English so you know what you are singing! :)
Anyway I love this one and wanted to share it with you. This is 'Gadol Elohai (How Great is Our God)'. You'll love it!




Ok now that you've listened to my current musical choices, it's time to share the exciting news.....

I GOT A JOB!!!!

A full time job! I'm working as a legal secretary at a law firm in the central city. It's going to make my life extremely busy, but it will be rather nice to be earning and saving a bit of money. Also I'm looking forward to working in a legal environment. It will be a learning curve but fun.

Sooooo... since I'm actually still studying, and now I'm working a full time job as well as commuting, life's gonna be crazy. All that to say that I'm terribly sorry, dear friends, but I might be missing from here quite a bit more than I have been in the last month or so. I highly doubt I'm going to have much free time for blogging. But you never know. I'll aim for a post a week but we'll see.

And... that's it from me. :D Bye for now. Have a fantastic day.

What style or genre of music do you find yourself gravitating towards most often?
Do you have a job (whether it's casual, part time or full time)? 
post signature

15 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! That's so exciting!!!! It's really nice to be able to make a steady amount of money.
    And I completely understand how it can get bizarre when you start working. My sister and brother work, and things are always really crazy, or jam-packed with stuff they need to do with college, their animals, and other projects. :) So take your time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Oh wow! Sounds like life is a bit crazy around your place. :)

      Delete
  2. I think the music that I like the most is any worship song. I used to have a part time job but l have it to Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a favourite worship song?
      :)

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure but I quite like No Longer Slaves and the Potter's Hand.

      Delete
  3. Oh Bonnie...wonderful news indeed! Excited for you, my friend! I actually wrote about this very thing in the letter I sent you which should be arriving soon! {{smiles}} Enjoy this busy time of learning! I work from home part time but was just offered part time work managing a sweet gift shop...so we'll see how that goes! {{Smiles}} Hope your family are well? Little Michael must be getting so cute! Hugs to you, Bonnie!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Kelly-Anne! <3
      My family is great, thank you... Michael is adorable!! He's gotten quite a lot chunkier/chubbier just recently... (he's started on solid food) so he's a bit more of a weight! Haha.
      Hugs to you!

      Delete
  4. YAY so happy for you Bonnie!! *screams* Great songs, and GREAT NEWS!! I hope you love your new job! :)

    ~Megan<333
    (megans-journals.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you're sweet! *screams back*
      I had the first day yesterday and it's a bit of a learning curve, but I did quite enjoy it. :) Everyone at work is very lovely.

      Delete
  5. Fun music! I enjoyed the sound of "Higher" very much.
    And congratulations on your new job! Enjoy your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite enjoyed it too :D Glad you did!
      Thank you!! It certainly is an adventure!

      Delete
  6. First of all, I read this post last night and needed to come back to comment, as I have been thinking about it. Congrats on your job! God is faithful in providing for all our needs. I am sure you will be an asset to any employer. Also, I really enjoyed the music you shared. I can relate to the worship song from your childhood, as I have been drawn to some worship songs I sang when I was really young. Also the Hebrew song was beautiful! I like the "Higher" song and am jamming to it now. Take care Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you stopped back in so I know you were blessed by it! :)
      Thank you for your encouraging words. <3
      Love and hugs

      Delete
  7. Hi I hope you are enjoying your new job.
    My favourite genre is classical.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!