Tuesday 1 March 2016

A + A // Silverfish + Stuff Siblings Say

Caleb admiring the scenery in the Queen Charlotte Sound, up near Picton

Awkward:
- Running around a corner in your house full-tilt only to nearly collide into one of your siblings who just happened to be running full-tilt around the same corner in the opposite direction. And not being able to say, "It's so dangerous to run around corners!" (like you usually would in this situation) because you were running around the corner too. :P
- When you are talking and someone else comes and cuts into the conversation and starts talking to you and blatantly ignoring the person you were originally talking to, leaving them just standing there like, wow, what just happened?
- Mutual agreements at cross-purposes.
- When you see a photo of yourself and can't help sitting there looking at the photo thinking, "if I had this photo in a photo editing program right now I would change this.... and this.... and this..... and this..... and this.... and then catching yourself thinking that and being annoyed at yourself for thinking it but still thinking it because being annoyed at yourself for thinking it doesn't actually stop you from thinking it.
- When you meet someone at something you were completely not expecting to meet them at and there's that mutual "oh wow, this is awkward, what do I say?!" moment before you both recover.
- When you stay in a holiday house that happens to have silverfish so every. single. item you took on holiday has to be shaken outside before it can come back into your regular house. Every item. Takes FOREVER.
- Awkward endings to conversations.
- Getting lost in a pair of shorts while trying to put them on. I somehow manage to do things which probably no one has ever done before.
- A package that arrives in the mail that has been wrapped so, so well it takes quite a bit of time and ingenuity for you to eventually be able to open it.

Awesome:
- Looking around you at your life and thinking, wow, I have been ridiculously blessed far, far beyond what I deserve. To be honest, I don't think there is anyone on this earth who couldn't say that, no matter where they are or what their life looks like.
- Little siblings who say the most hilarious things ever
- The sound of cicadas chirping merrily outside.We live in a subdivision that is semi newish and the cicadas and other insects are only just starting to arrive.
- Fresh strawberries from the garden!
- Old photos
- HITTING 100,000 VIEWS ON MY BLOG!!! WAHOO! Here's proof right here (screenshot captured on the 26th of February 2016):

I didn't manage to capture the moment while it was on the exact number, but five views later is near enough, right? :)

- Meeting up with relatives and friends that you haven't seen for ages. Granted, it was because of Grandma's funeral which of course wasn't quite so awesome, but the good thing about funerals is that everyone gathers from near and far.
- Valentine's party fun. We had a family dinner that was awesome. We made encouragement certificates for each other and did a game called a 'Love Bath' which Mum created especially for the occasion. (Can you tell this post has been sitting in my drafts pile for a while?)
- New blank books... so exciting seeing yards and yards of unlined, unwritten-on pages! 
- With that being said, old, full books. It is really neat to look back on your work (whether it is an art book, a school book or a finished diary) and remember filling each page. So many memories!
- Doing fun things as a family.

Do you grow strawberries?
What sounds make you think of summer?
What is the most awkward thing that has happened to you this week?

Bonus question: I'm tossing up ideas of something fun to do with my friends for my 18th birthday this year. Do you have any brilliant ideas or inspiration for me? I'm kind of stuck...
post signature

24 comments:

  1. Hmm...white water rafting, hiking, masquerade...
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awkward: Being kept awake all night by a toilet that had a leak so was constantly refilling & sounding like something halfway between an orbital sander & a car horn... #studentlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds pretty annoying.
      How are you doing, by the way? First week of uni gone alright? I've been thinking of you.

      Delete
  3. It was. Doing pretty well actually - just finishing day 2 of uni (officially - not counting orientation). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations pn hitting that many page views. You should go parasailing. Or you could hVe a nice picnic or te party and dress up and have all kinds of fancy food. :)
    When is your birthday?

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I could go parasailing. I like the idea of doing something dress-up. Will have to have a think about it.
      Not until the end of May. :) So I've still got lots of time.

      Delete
  5. Yes we do grow strawberries but they haven't done too well this year. It feels like summer when it becomes warm. I don't know. Does cycling in the rain count? That is a lot of views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does cycling in the rain count as awkward? I guess so! If it was awkward for you then of course it does. I'm not some sort of judge who stands here going "NO IT IS NOT AWKWARD ENOUGH!" :P

      Delete
  6. On your Birthday you could go sky diving...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to! I want to do something that a lot of my friends can join in with, though. And skydiving, though really fun, is too expensive and not all my friends would want to do it anyway!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! Fun post. I have never heard of silverfish before. I need to google what they are lol. Congrats on your page views! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      They are little insects that eat your books and get into everything. They're a real menace. Perhaps they are only around in New Zealand.

      Delete
    2. Nope. We have them over here too. I don't like them. They are in my little wood box...I don't even know how they get in there after I kill them. Pesky little things they are...

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
      Yes, VERY pesky!!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Bonnie!!! Hope you`re having an awesome day :) I think you should go on a holiday to Dunedin and visit your friend for your birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! (I know it's you :P) Thank you for commenting!
      Yes, my day is pretty awesome, thanks. I got started on something I've been procrastinating on, so that was good.
      Yes!!! I so should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  9. I thought you were doing a barn dance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, um, well, that's still an option.
      Long story, it was going to cost a lot, and I ended up not being sure whether (m)any people would come, and the idea of trying to find music/caller etc was complicated and I'm kind of busy at the moment.... (well maybe it wasn't such a long story).
      21st? Maybe?

      Delete
  10. Hey Bonnie,
    I wanted to say thanks again for all the little packages from the giveaway. They were a real blessing to me. My sister suggested to me that you should start selling encouragement packages...lots of people would love some encouragement. :) Just a thought. She really liked the book markers you made as well. You're really good at making them!

    Have a sweet day friend.
    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashley,
      You are so welcome!! I am really thrilled you were blessed by them. Your sister is very sweet. :) I don't think I'll sell them (at least, not at the moment) because rather a lot of work goes into it! :) haha. I did it for love, not money, and any more I make will be given for love, not money. :)
      Have a lovely day, yourself!
      Bonnie

      Delete
    2. I didn't think you would want to sell them. I know you did it for love, and I really liked your newest post. I'm going to put a ew sticky notes in random places in my journal. I like that
      idea. And the one about writing and complimenting someone is great too.
      Hm. I had a mostly lovely day...how about you?

      Delete
    3. Haha, well that's all good then. I appreciate you passing on your sister's words, however.
      It's a cool idea, I think. I love doing it. It brightens my day.
      My day has been quite busy, I have been at work and it has been rather hectic. Makes the day go fast though so I can't complain!

      Delete

Join the conversation!