Tuesday 22 March 2016

A + A // Johnny the Juggler

Awkward:
- That my Pinteresting consists of absolutely nothing for days and weeks then having a Pinterest splurge and pinning like a hundred pins in one day.
- That feeling of butterflies you get when you're heading somewhere for something where you have no idea what's going to happen and it's just like that excited nervous trepidation, you know what I mean?
- Turning up at an event on time and everyone else was really early so you walk in *on time, bear in mind* and everyone looks at you like, "Where have you been?!" I was on time.
- My life in general. :P
- Seeing a tutorial on how to make a pair of jeans into a denim skirt and thinking, "Oh, that looks easy! I could do that!" Turns out it isn't quite as easy as it looks. The back was great. The back was awesome. The front, hmm, not so good. I need to re do it completely. :/
- Being super worried about something and then your worries never coming to fruition. I mean, it's a great feeling, but you still get really annoyed at yourself for being so worried for nothing.
- Starting to say something at exactly the same time someone else takes it into their head to say something. So you both stop and awkwardly giggle and do that whole, "No, you go" thing.
- Waking up ridiculously early in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep so you just lie there pondering on life.
- Getting your hair snagged on things. Like rosebushes.
- Going out somewhere for dinner and then your family having something nice for dessert and saving some for you but not telling you. So some time later you discover it, well and truly aged, deep in a biscuit tin and wonder, "Oh, what's this?" The reply, "It's yours!" is just depressing. :/
- Me dreaming about a new blog design. Don't get me wrong, I love the purple, but I think it's probably about time for something new. I hate the stark, boring white a lot of blogs are. So I was laying in bed trying to think of exactly what sort of colour scheme I want..... and it's awfully hard. I'm like, "Well, I love green. Lots of vibrant green would be nice. But then, oh, sunshine yellow would be fantastical! Paired with like a deep turquoise or teal so it's not too bright and overpowering. But then that might look a bit childish. Navy blue would be pretty. Perhaps I could put that with some splashes of yellow. But navy is quite dark. I like lighter, brighter colours. How about pink? Oh, pink is way too childish. And besides, I've done pink on my blog before. But I do love rose pink. Maybe I'll do a light brown wood effect or cream with the pink and then have some roses. Roses climbing up some sort of something. Yes, how nice.
Bear in mind I also don't know how to do fancy blog designing. But there's always room for dreaming, right?!
Maybe I'll stay purple for a while. The choices are too hard!


Awesome:
- That Johnny, after deciding he wanted to learn to juggle, watched some Youtube videos on juggling and practiced for hours with some tennis balls and managed to learn how to juggle. He's actually really good. It's quite impressive.
- Synchronized ice skating. Have you ever seen it? It's incredibly beautiful!


- Discovering chocolate in your drawer that you'd forgotten you had (because you'd buried it so your littlest sister who LOVES getting into other people's chocolate couldn't find it) and your day goes from average to awesome immediately.
- Answers to prayer. At the beginning of the year I prayed for a Bible study or some sort of Christian small group to go to. I am now attending two!! One's a weekly university Christian group I joined with Danella; the other is a fortnightly one run by a few friends who invited me along. Both are awesome. I prayed for one and God gave me two!
- Having fun doodling and practicing swirly lettering. :) Also just the reminder that we're forever loved!!


- Chocolate chip cookie bowls for icecream. Okay, so the jean skirt tutorial didn't work so well, but I found another thing online - how to make chocolate chip cookie bowls that you can put icecream in. Those worked. I made them for my family for dessert the other day and they were quite popular.
- Finishing up doing a Bible study on the book of Romans. I loved the study. Romans is such a neat book! I learnt so much.
- Beautiful sunsets.


Do you have any funny cooking experiment stories?
Have you tried juggling?
What part of Scripture are you working through at the moment?
post signature

21 comments:

  1. Hiya, my worst cooking fail: going to cook fish in batter, so deceiding to just mix up the batter & fish, and fry the lot (rather than dipping the fish into the batter, and throwing away the rest at the end)...let's just say that the meal was the least popular of all my meals, and it was never requested again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Wow, that sounds fascinating. What sort of batter was it? Must have been a lot of it, lol. Always funny to remember cooking fails after they happen! No fun at the time!

      Delete
    2. I can't remember...it was so long ago. I think it was a really floury one. Yup, there was heaps of it, which completely ruined my sweet & sour fish. :(

      Delete
  2. I have tried juggling, 2, 3 and 4 balls. But I am better at 3 balls. I'm reading through 1 Peter at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! How did you learn? Internet tutorials?
      I love 1 Peter!

      Delete
    2. I learned to juggle from watching Dad juggling I think. Then I just practiced a lot. I can also juggle glue sticks, or magazines rolled up and cello tape which are about 30cm long. How many balls can Johnny juggle?

      Delete
    3. Wow, I had no idea your Dad can juggle! This I want to see. :P
      That's so cool! Johnny, after learning juggling with tennis balls, now thinks it's fun to experiment with juggling fruit. Blackboy peaches etc. Unfortunately he's not very good at that yet. :P I think tennis balls is a good thing to stick with.
      3 for a good amount of time but he's also practicing with 4.

      Delete
    4. Sometimes Dad will get the oranges out of the fruit bowl and juggle those for awhile then put them back but it is not very often. I tried juggling oranges the other day. It was quite fun. I also tried juggling scissors, cello taped closed. Are you going to get Johnny to teach you? Is is doing juggling 4 as if he is juggling 2 in one hand but doing it with both hands or is he doing it in another way?

      Delete
  3. I can juggle two balls and sorta juggle 3. Reading through Galations right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two balls in one hand or two? Pretty impressive! Juggling is so cool. It's something I need to practice... among many other things. Haha.
      Awesome! Galatians. Haven't read that for a while. Paul's letters are fantastic.

      Delete
    2. One hand for two balls.
      Yup!

      Delete
  4. I have never tried juggling, but I have tried pole/staff spinning, which I learnt from a You Tube Video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! That is so awesome. I just looked it up on You Tube and boy, it is fantastic! What a cool thing, and how impressive is that! Can you do all the fancy bits and bobs?

      Delete
  5. You were right ... that synchronised ice-skating is absolutely beautiful !! I've never seen it before and now I want to see more :) Love reading your blog updates Bonnie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! It's not an Olympic sport but I reckon it should be. :P Yay for synchronised ice-skating!
      There's something really beautiful and mesmerising watching people doing something in perfect harmony. Quite awesome.
      Aww, thank you! You're sweet.

      Delete
  6. Okay, so this is pretty much my life. Except I don't even attempt jean shirts out of pants. But I do really want to make those cookie bowls. And ROMANS!!!! I'm going through Romans right now and falling more and more in love with Jesus with each chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee, good to know some of these things don't just happen to me!! :)
      YAY ROMANS!!!!!!! It's amazing! Are you using a bible study or something? I love the Following God series by Eddie Rasnake. I've done the quiet time one, Ephesians one and just finished Romans.

      Delete
  7. To be honest, juggling even one ball is a task for me, since I am left-handed and clumsy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, juggling even one ball is a task for anyone! :)

      Delete
  8. A cooking story... Once I was making a chocolate cake in the microwave and the spoon dropped in to the batter. I only found out there was a spoon in the cake when I had iced it and was cutting it. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!