I was nominated by Christine from Everything is Blogsome for a book challenge created by Noor at A Little Bit of Sunshine. Thanks for the nomination. :)
Here are the rules:
You must answer all the questions
Repost the picture with a link to Noor's blog and the persons blog who tagged you
You may tag people if you would like, but it isn't required.
Now, for the fun part. The questions!
1. To be read in April? Haha, April's almost over! I'd been wanting to read Something More by Catherine Marshall for quite a while, and I've finally picked it up. And haven't been able to put it back down. It's seriously great. Catherine Marshall is such a good author, and she writes in a way that makes you want to keep reading. Highly recommended.
2. Overhyped book/author? Hmmm, I haven't really read any hyped-up books recently. One hyped-up book (at least it has been hyped up in our family because Mum's been reading it, lol!) is Breakthrough by Rudi Lack. Mum keeps telling us it's really good so I'm looking forward to getting the chance to read it! I can't say it's overhyped, because I haven't read it, but it has been hyped-up lots.
3. The best book series you have ever read? Well I have to say Catherine Marshall's books. I am not sure they count as a series, but the three I've read (Beyond Our Selves, The Helper and now currently reading Something More) have been absolutely incredible.
4. Book to movie adaption that was really bad? I haven't seen many book to movie adaptions. I can only think of one, and it wasn't that bad so I can't put it in here! We don't watch many movies.
5. Books that made you cry? The last time a book made me cry was when I was listening to the Last Battle by C.S. Lewis (we have the Chronicles of Narnia on Radio Theatre on our ipods). And the bit at the end where Emeth the Calormene soldier is talking to the Pevensie group about how much he wanted to know Aslan made me tear up a bit. Something in what he says always gets me.
6. Book you are reading at the moment? I'm starting to sound like a broken record here! Something More by Catherine Marshall.
I'm also reading Mere Christianity by CS. Lewis. This is one book that I'm not reading in normal Bonnie-reading fashion (that is, keep devouring it until it's finished!). I'm taking it slowly, in bite-sized hunks. And really rather enjoying it. He has some really good points to make and I am enjoying it greatly.
7. Book series that you just didn't like? Okay, I know you're going to shoot me for this, but I'm going to say the Lord of the Rings series. *cringes and waits for fiery darts sent from readers to cease* I know it's a great series and I'm thrilled if you like it. But for me it just didn't have the appeal. I loved the Hobbit, but the actual Lord of the Rings books just don't do it for me. Maybe it's the unneccessary length, maybe because it's really confusing because of all the people and places (too confusing for my little brain! :) )- I don't know, I just don't like it much.
8. Books you really need to read but haven't read yet?
Breakthrough by Rudi Lack, as mentioned above.
For this one I'll also have to say the Freedom Diaries by Mark Holloway. I've been wanting to read it ever since he visited our Church and I wasn't able to attend the service! I haven't read it yet but am looking forward to it.
Christine's question for me:
What was the first book you really loved? The first book(s) I really loved were the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. Enid Blyton's an awesome author. She'll always be a favourite of mine!!
My extra question for those I tag:
What is it about reading that fascinates you?
Sarah from Trusting in the Lord Day by Day
Matthew from Rising Dawn
I'm only tagging a couple because I know a lot of my readers don't do tags!
However, if you're reading this and you'd like to do it, by all means consider yourself tagged. :)
Thanks for tagging me, Christine!