Friday 31 January 2014

My Turn / Your Turn

This weekend Danella and I are going to be cycling over 100km in two days. Sound like a lot? It is. Sound like not much? It is a lot. Danella wrote about it here in her post With the Wind. (It was originally going to be last weekend, but then we moved it forward 7 days because I had another committment that weekend.)

Today we are packing our panniers (the bags that go on the bike to hold all our stuff). It is an interesting job, especially since we've never done it before. This will be the first time we have ever gone on a bike trip before.

Excerpt from my diary entry yesterday:

"I am looking forward to the bike trip with a little trepidation. If the weather is amazing and we get awesome tailwinds the whole time, I'll love it. If the weather is not so amazing and we get stuck with strong headwinds, I just hope I'll still love it!"

It will be an interesting new challenge. :) It's often fun to do something you've never done before.

I challenge you, while we are away, to do something you've never done before. It is up to you what that is. It could be learning something new on the computer, it could be writing and presenting your testimony to a friend, maybe it's just that you want to try a flavour of chocolate you've never tried. Whatever it is, jump out of your comfort zone. Do something different. Something you wouldn't have done unless I challenged you to.

I wouldn't be doing this bike trip of my own choosing - I'm doing it for an award (Duke of Edinburgh's Hillary Award) and I have to do this trip for it. Since I'm doing something I wouldn't normally do, why don't you pick something and do it?

I'd love to know what it is you're doing. Make sure you comment and let me know how it goes. :)

Meanwhile, keep safe, happy and enjoy the weekend!

~Bonnie



7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Are you on road bikes? Where abouts will you be going? Jennifer T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are on road bikes. :) We will be going to Lake Ellesmere and then coming back a different way. Thanks for commenting, Jennifer!

      Delete
  2. LOL, Bonnie - chocolate is so in my comfort zone :)

    Philippians 3:14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Oh well. Eat it anyway.

      Delete
  3. Are you staying the night anywhere? Alone? :)
    I think I've already gone out of my comfort zone, this week... Stayed two nights in tents with my siblings, got baptised and said my testimony on Sunday, starting selling my knitting next door at the sells-everything stockfeed shop, shot a dramatic hair/makeup/outfit modeling shoot with my sister, ran out of blogging photo space and decided to start a clothing line in the future, started washing my hair with baking soda and vinegar, Curled my hair with bandanas and ate my sisters' (two of them) addictable healthy chocolate nut/puffed quinoa bars. Lol. Chocolate is So not in my comfort zone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. Sounds like you had a pretty full on week!

      We are staying the night tonight, camped by lake ellesmere. And we will be in tents. So technically not alone because our group will be together, (Danella and I are going with our friends and their Dad) but we will be far from civilisation! :)

      If you run out of photo space on your blog, can't you delete the really old photos?

      Delete
    2. Not exactly.. As far as I can see, there is no 'delete' button as such, but we'll have to see. For now, I think it's going to be okay just toning down the photo sharing aspect of the blog..

      Delete

Join the conversation!