Friday 15 November 2013

5 DIY Projects You Need To Make

Here are five DIY projects I just know you will love. Two of them are Christmassy, but then, it is nearly Christmas time isn't it? Anyway. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

1.) This Christmas snowflake decoration. I made it, it's really easy and looks amazing. I taught Lydia how to make it and she did a whole one herself - and she's only seven! Sneak a peek below.


2.) I found this awesome video on YouTube showing you how to make your own edible apple swan. I know it sounds really weird, but it actually works (I know, because I tried it!) and looks amazing. Seriously. Try it. I highly recommend it. (I did take photos of my swan which I hope to post on here sometime soon.)

3.) This post showing you how to do shaped bokeh in your photos. I'm not sure if it works because I haven't actually tried it properly yet myself. I kind of did it this afternoon, but I did it with white paper and didn't have a proper lens so that may be why it didn't work. The effect I created, though, was cute, although not entirely what I was after. I'll have to show you sometime the photos I took. The post on shaped bokeh is cool however - and if I can get it to work it will be even cooler!!

4.) This is a cute christmas wreath idea. Apologies - I couldn't find a tutorial in English so the tutorial is in some other exotic language, but use Google Translate or just look at the photos. I'm in the process of trying it myself, but at the moment I'm waiting for the green paint to dry on the toilet rolls. I think it will be really cute when it's done.

5.) I don't know if you can see properly the below images, but it's a kind-of tutorial showing you how to do planters out of bottles and old CDs. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks really cool! I think if you click the image it will become larger for you.

Oh, and before I leave you, this is not DIY but it's so cool I wanted to show it to you. Here it is:

This Swing at the End of the World. I love it. I must say, it does look slightly freaky but fun too. I'm not scared of heights in the least. Absolutely love it.

How have you been enjoying your Show weekend holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!