Wednesday 10 April 2013

60th post!! YEEEAHHH!

Not bad at all!!! 60 posts!!!
(round of applause for me and my blog, everyone!!!)

Here are some great quotes to celebrate. They are on a variety of subjects in no particular order.



"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
-Anatole France

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die."
-G K Chesterton


"Men who have attained things worth having in this world have worked while others idled, have persevered while others gave up in despair, have practised early in life the valuable habits of self-denial, industry and singleness of purpose."
-Grenville Kleiser



"The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away the smallest stones."
-Anon


"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you may seem, and smarter than you think."
-Christopher Robin to Pooh


"Hermits have no peer pressure."
-Steven Wright


"It only takes a small nail to bring the most inexpensive car to a halt."
-R J Boom

"I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time."
-Charles Dickens

"If you should put a little on a little and should do this often, soon this would become big.
-Hesiod

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."
-Henry Ford




And lastly...

"We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough."
-Helen Keller

2 comments:

  1. Great quotes! And I mean that. I'm not just saying that because I want to leave a comment—which I also want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!