Wednesday, 18 May 2016
Infinity Dream Award
1. Thank the blogger who tagged you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Tag 11 bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.
Let us begin! Here are the 11 facts about myself -
1. I played the harp for a few years
2. My favourite quote/saying would have to be "The glass is half full and the other half was delicious".
3. I've been in a car accident once - when we were in China, on a Chinese motorway, we clipped the edge of our vehicle (smashed the side mirror) on another vehicle and then sat outside a roadside service thing for ages waiting for police to take photos etc. While we were on our way to catch a plane.
4. My favourite letter of the alphabet is B (Any guesses why that is?)
5. When I was younger I memorised the entire patriotic American poem 'Paul Revere's Ride' just for fun
6. I went geocaching for the first time on Saturday afternoon and it was awesome
7. The best thing that happened to me this week would probably be my journaling Bible arriving. Yay!!
8. A random memory - I have no idea how old I was turning, but we were at Willowbank (a wildlife park) to celebrate my birthday, and my brother Ben (probably around 2 years old I think) fell into a swamp/pond thing. I remember Daddy rushing in to get him out and how Mum hadn't seen it but heard the splash and thought a duck had dived in. Definitely not a good birthday after Ben fell in.
9. If I could go back in time, I would want to go back to Bible times and hear Jesus's words myself!
10. My birthday is coming up
11. Eating chocolate, being with people and listening to happy music cheers me up.
Here are the 11 questions Hannah asked:
1. What is your favorite blog?
My top favourite would probably be A Lovely Calling. I also enjoy reading Fresh Modesty and a variety of other blogs. A current favourite is Clare's Spot. :) (Shout out to my bloggy friends!)
2. What is the biggest thing you've learned from blogging?
Blogging has taught me the importance of laying out my thoughts in a succinct, concise and interesting manner. It's a totally different kind of writing to most things I've done before.
3. How many siblings do you have?
9, will be 10 around the end of August!
4. Favorite author?
God. I mean, he did write the Bible, so.... yeah.
5. What is a movie that has greatly impacted you?
I haven't seen many movies, to be very honest. War Room impacted me because it made me realise how much prayer can do! Prayer is an incredible weapon.
6. What is a book that has greatly impacted you? (other than the Bible!:)
I read To Kill A Mockingbird for the first time last week. It. Was. Awesome. Such a different book - I learnt so much about society and even history! Totally recommended. A great book.
7. What is one of your most prized possessions?
My teddy bear, Theodore.
8. What is one of your best memories?
I remember Daddy praying with us before bed every night and then giving us 'fall-ons' - it sounds terrible but it was the best thing ever! He would stand at the end of our bed and then fall on to us in a variety of ways. We had the Thunderbird fall-on, the rocket fall-on (can you tell Dad and my brothers made up some of these?!) and everyone's most hated/most loved one; the caterpillar fall-on.
9. Your best writing advice?
Just keep at it.
10. What is the title of a book your currently working on? (tell a little about it)
Sorry to spoil the party but I'm not working on a book! I've never written a book and I don't plan to in the near future... I'm currently drawing a colouring book for Lydia, does that count?
11. What is your favorite Bible character other than Jesus? :)
Hmm, good question! I really admire Abraham's faith and how God honoured him for it. I love the stories of Esther and Ruth. But my top favourite would be David, I think. How he obeyed God's call as a shepherd boy and ended up becoming King over all Israel. And did some pretty cool stuff in the middle of it. I also really love his heart of love for the Lord as expressed throughout some of the Psalms.
And now, for those I tag? I am not tagging 11 bloggers - but if you're reading this and you want to take part, you're officially tagged! :)
If you want to do the tag, please answer these 11 questions....
1. Would you rather have legs as long as your fingers or fingers as long as your legs?
2. What is your biggest fear?
3. Have you kept a New Year's resolution? If so, what was it?
4. What is a random memory from your childhood?
5. Have you ever pranked someone or had someone prank you? What happened?
6. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
7. If you had two hours left on earth what would you do?
8. What's something you never leave home without?
9. What was your first job?
10. What superpower would you most like to have?
11. What are you terrible at but love to do anyway?
And that's pretty much it, I think! :)
Any guesses why my favourite letter is B?