Wednesday 7 January 2015

Who Is Your Best Friend?

I found out recently that not everyone has God as their best friend, even if they are a Christian. This surprised and saddened me.

The fact is, God can be our very best friend. And I know he wants to be.


John 15:5
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command you.


God is our creator. He made us. He loves us so much that he sent his only son to die for us, so that if we believe in him, we can eventually end up in Heaven, spending eternity with our King.
And he's always there, he's always ready to listen, he gives good gifts and he loves us unconditionally.  

That sounds like a pretty good friend to me!


Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

God is not only our Heavenly father, if we allow him, he can become our best friend.
So how does one make God our best friend?


James 4:8
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.


God loves to hear us talk to him. Sure, he probably already knows all about our troubles and joys, but he loves to hear it from us anyhow. Best friends talk all the time.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

It is a lot easier to see all this stuff written down and mentally agree with it, but another thing completely to live it out!

If you were asked who your best friend was, would you be able to say honestly, "God"?
post signature
PS. Don't forget to enter my competition!! Only THREE days left before it closes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!