Friday 12 December 2014

A Christmas Poem - written by me

Are you all ready for Christmas? Looking forward to it? I am! Very much so in fact. I thought that today I would help you get all excited and in the Christmas spirit by sharing a Christmas poem that I wrote myself a couple of weeks ago. 

I was a bit nervous about sharing it as I'm not completely sure whether I like it or not... so do please let me know what you think!

Anyway, here's the poem.

==============

A Christmas Poem

Christmas has come. This is when everyone
Remembers Jesus' birth.
That sweet little babe, Christ Jesus his name
God's gift to men on earth.
The shepherds bow down, the manger surround
They worship the tiny King
His entrance quite lowly, though he's perfect and holy
He is the reason we sing.
God knew that we sin, and that we need Him
To help, so he sent us His Son
To enter earth as a man, that was God's awesome plan
So we would never be alone.
Our hearts full of praise, our thanks to him we raise
Our God, we know, is able.
He's rest for the weary, born of Joseph and Mary
Now sleeping in a stable.





    Let's not forget the real Reason         for the season!

    Bring on Christmas.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. It's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....that. was. AWESOME! :D I was totally inspired by that. :) You are an AWESOME writer!!!! :D Keep writing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for your kind words Sarah! And don't worry, I love writing. I could never stop.

      Delete

Join the conversation!