Thursday 2 October 2014

Check To See If There Are Submerged Logs

I was talking to someone recently who told me something that they were about to do. It was quite a big decision and I mentioned that they must have prayed about it a lot for them to arrive at that conclusion! They then told me that they hadn't actually... but that they probably should have. I got the feeling that they had the approach "God, this is what I'm going to do - please bless it!" rather than "God, what would you like me to do?"

Do you see the difference here? Now, I'm not saying that what this person did was wrong.... I just feel that that kind of approach is very dangerous. If what they had decided to do was not what God would have wanted for them - oh boy, that's such a shame!

It's always best to ask God for direction in your life. He is the one who made you, after all! He loves you so much and wants the best for you. If you go hooning off doing your own thing, I'm sure he must be so sad! He loves to be asked for advice.


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God has plans for us. :) But how are we going to know what they are if we don't ask him?

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you today - I have recently become involved in something that I have never done before. It's new, quite scary but very exciting! I've been praying A LOT about it because although I really want it to go ahead, there are a couple of things that I'm not sure of that make me a bit wary!

I know that I would absolutely love it to go ahead. It's very exciting. :) But the thing is, only God knows what is best for me and above all, I want His will to be done, not mine! 

It's very dangerous jumping into murky water without stopping first to check to see if there are any submerged logs hiding just below the surface. 



In life it's just the same. We should always check first (with God) before jumping in because He might say "Don't jump in there! There are submerged logs!" and then you will be awfully glad you checked first!

So yeah, I think that was all I wanted to say. :D Do let me know your thoughts in the comments. I can't wait to find out what you think.

Anyway, I hope this has given you something to think about!
Blessings,
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Very true! It doesn't seem as personal when you tell someone that you are doing it, but when you ask them, for advice as well! Especially with God! Wonderful post, Bonnie! You are a very talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Sarah! It's always a good idea to ask God for advice, no matter how big or small the decision is!

      Delete

Join the conversation!